Friday, July 30, 2010

Vroom Vroom



You under 16-year-olds must be excited at the prospect of when you get to drive, right? If we follow in our parents footsteps the earth will become that much closer to complete environmental disaster! Instead we should use more environmentally friendly methods such as public transportation or biking. 

I personally prefer biking for these three reasons:

1)    It’s free
2)    It’s good for the environment
3)    It keeps you healthy and fit

Of course, cars are convenient when you have to go somewhere far away or the weather is not satisfactory (AKA rain or snow). If your destination is in the neighborhood or close by, biking is a great idea! 

Countries like the Netherlands and Denmark have great bike lanes and public transportation. Write a letter to your local government to make bike lanes safer and larger.



6 comments:

  1. I love the idea of a city full of bicycles! But if people can't ride a bicycle because of health or physical reasons public transportation is a great option.

    Everybody should get to know their local bus systems. If we get more riders maybe someday we will convert all the buses to 'green machines?'

    Read this article on the green bus system in Singapore...

    http://www.thegovmonitor.com/world_news/asia/singapore-launches-green-buses-as-part-of-sustainable-transport-initiative-35902.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to bike, but I can't bike anywhere in Malibu D: Would it be wise to start a petition to make safer sidewalks for biking?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @raychie thats a great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I HAVE A BIKE BUT ITS BROKEN BUT AS SOON AS ITS FIXED ILL TAKE YOUR ADVICE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have a bike at the moment, but I love the idea of it. In the city that I live in, the streets are very spread out so it's harder to get across town by bike. But I will definitely walk/bike if my destination is close.

    ReplyDelete