Sunday, September 5, 2010

Henna Hair Dye

Sorry I haven't posted in a while! I was on vacation and didn't have internet access most of the time. But I have a new post today! Hooray! 


Henna hair dye is a wonderful alternative to chemical hair dyes. Henna is a naturally grown plant that when smashed to a powder and mixed with water and lemon juice turns into a thick paste, that can be used for henna skin art and hair dye. 


                                                www.hennapage.com


Henna can turn your hair from blond to red, light brown to auburn and dark brown to almost black. The more blond streaks in your hair the redder your hair will appear. I first hennaed my hair earlier this summer and it turned out so well! My hair is a light brown with natural blond highlights, and after hennaing it it turned to a medium auburn with red streaks. The longer you leave the henna paste in you hair the redder the hair will become. I left the paste in my hair for about 3 hours. For example, here is a before and after pic of someone who hennaed their hair:


                       http://indiasbeauty.wordpress.com/2009/07/31/henna-hair-dye-before-and-after


A great store that sells henna is LUSH, an awesome handmade cosmetics store. (Plus they're Cruelty Free!) They sell four shades of henna, Caca Brun, Caca Marron, Caca Rouge and Caca Noir. Read here why they call their henna "caca".


Try henna and you'll never go back to regular dye again!

5 comments:

  1. I love henna but I have found that it can make your hair a little dry - nothing a little extra conditioner won't help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds cool! I don't know if my black hair can be helped though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a brunette so my hair would turn red... that would be SO COOL!!!! Unfortunately I am positive my mom won't let it me. But that is so cool that there is a safe and natural way to dye your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool, how long does the color stay? Is it permanent or does it eventually wash out?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool, how long does the color stay? Is it permanent or does it eventually wash out?
    Henna Hair Dye

    ReplyDelete